List of Places to Visit in Phoenix, AZ
If you had only a day to stay in Phoenix where exactly would you go? There are a number of tourist attraction sites in Phoenix that are worth visiting, and they cannot be exhausted in just one day. A trip to the city of Phoenix must include viewing the great and magnificent sites just to feel complete.
I have listed destinations that I think are unique and should be experienced when visiting Phoenix.
Every major and minor city has a museum. It is located at the N Central Ave. Heard museum is unique, however, mainly because:
• The exhibits displayed are not only magnificent but also historical since it is of the world’s famous museum celebrating and portraying the Native America Culture and arts from Arizona as well as Mexico.
• It has more than 32,000 pieces of cultural and fine arts in its display.
• Has permanent exhibits such as the famous Barry Goldwater collection of Hopi Kachina Dolls.
• Has special exhibits all year round such as the annual World Championship Hoop Dance Contest held every February and the Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market.
Desert Botanical Garden
This botanical garden has the world’s most famous desert plants. It is one of the accredited botanical gardens by the American Associations of Museums. Why this is such a special botanical garden worth visiting is because:
• It contains 50 acres of beautiful outdoor exhibits.
• It is home to over 139 rare to find desert plants that are endangered and threatened species from all over the world.
There is no better place to enjoy desert plant life and beauty than this botanical gardens. The gardens are located in Papago Park in Central Phoenix.
Musical Instrument Museum
An indoor activity which is a perfect destination for music lovers and world enthusiasts of art and culture while in Phoenix. It is located in the East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix. It is a fascinating place to spend time at because:
• It is colorful and has impressive design of major instruments from all over the world that on can listen to.
• It is suitable for all ages
• Has a musical hall where they represent musicians from all over the world.
Chase Field and University of Phoenix Stadium
Chase Field is a stadium located in downtown Phoenix and was the first stadium built in the US with a retractable roof over a natural-grass playing surface in 1998.
• If you are a baseball fan, a visit to this facility will definitely be a special treat.
• This is also a destination for people who aren’t baseball fans as there is a Friday’s Front Row Sports Grill where one can have dinner or lunch.
For football fanatics, the NFL football at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale is a must go. It is a unique facility and one should take a tour even when it is not the football season.
Climb Piestewa Peak or Camelback Mountain
Piestewa Peak, formerly known as the Squaw Peak is a great destination because:
• It has a peak of 2,608 feet hence hikers can get a good workout climbing this trail.
• The view of the city from the top of the mountain is amazing.
Camelback Mountain has two major trails neither of which is long. Echo Canyon is the most popular and is steeper while Chola is less steep but more rocky.
Image Credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heard_Museum-2.jpg