7 Quick and Easy Steps to make Pasta with Whiskey, Wine and Mushrooms Recipe
Experimenting with food is simply amazing. Sometimes ingredients that you least expect to blend together to create a dish that you would have never imagined to be possible before. I am a huge fan of liquor and wine cooking given they add a certain punch to the flavors of the food. A glass of wine with your meal is quite cliché but a glass of wine or whiskey in it is perfection. I cannot share how flavorsome it is to cook mashed potato in Louis XIII Cognac. But the one recipe that turned out ecstatic is Pasta with Whiskey, Wine, and Mushroom.
A peculiar combination of ingredients, this qualifies for a perfect dinner date menu. The recipe demonstrates how the dominating flavors of each of these ingredients symbiotically exist to make an outstanding meal. The steps for preparing this recipe is simple and very easy with only a few ingredients. So grab a fine bottle of dry white and a smooth whiskey of your choice and get ready for some amazing cooking fun.
What you need:
· 1 cup of onion peeled and sliced
· Black pepper
· Olive oil
· 2 tablespoon butter
· 1 cup of dry white wine of your choice
· Kosher salt
· Salt and seasoning
· Chicken or steak [optional]
· 1 cup heavy cream
· ¾ cups whiskey of your choice [ Laphroaig 18 and black velvet whiskey are my personal favorites]
· 2 cups of sliced mushrooms [ baby Portobellos are the best choice for this recipe]
· Any pasta of your choice
7 steps to a heavenly meal
1. Roasted mushrooms will make a gorgeous combination when added with cream and whiskey. Prepare the tray by preheating. Place the mushrooms and drizzle olive oil on them. Now add salt and pepper for flavor and load them for roasting at 375 degrees in your oven. The mushrooms have to look dark golden brown and that is when you should remove them and place them aside. Preheating the tray will make sure your mushrooms get roasted well and are also slightly crunchy.
2. Now it is time to prepare the chicken which is yet another star of the recipe. I prefer using chicken thighs although it is honestly your choice. You can also try boneless and skinless breasts in the recipe. To prepare the chicken, add a few drops of olive oil and then 2 tablespoons of butter to a heavy pot. Always add a drop of oil before butter to avoid a burnt taste. Add the chicken to the pot along with salt and pepper and let it cook till it turns soft brown on all sides. Keep this aside in a plate.
3. Now it is time to prepare the pasta. Take a large pot and boil water in it. I know giving instructions for cooking pasta sounds a little redundant. But the tricky part while preparing your pasta is to make sure they do not stick together. This is exactly why you need to add water in the ratio of at least 4 quarts of water per every ounce of noodles. This way your pasta will not be sticky and will also be easy to cook. Add some salt to the water so as to add flavor. Now add your pasta and wait for it to cook. Drain it and keep it aside.
4. Add a few drops of olive oil to a heavy pot. Add the sliced onions to it and sauté till they turn golden brown. The best way to know when the onion is ready is to keep them as long as they turn translucent. Now it is time for your onion to meet your favorite dry white. I am just as much as a fan of wine as many of you. But the secret to a good recipe is adding the ingredients in the right quantity. So do not add anything more than 1 cup of wine. Let the mixture bubble and keep it in simmer for a few minutes.
5. It is time to drop in some blood oath bourbon or any whiskey of your choice to bring out the flavors in the recipe. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes. Now add the heavy cream to the pot. Mix it well and wait for a minute before you can add the roasted mushrooms or maybe wild mushrooms. I am sure you will love this at the very first sight because the combination of roasted mushrooms in a creamy sauce is just fabulous.
6. Add salt and pepper for taste and let the sauce thicken. Now you can add the chicken directly to the recipe or keep it as a side with your pasta. Either way, this will make a lovely meal.
7. The final step is to add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix it thoroughly. You can use mild seasoning before you serve this brilliant recipe.
You can also substitute the chicken with some steak as a side and whiskey with Don Julio 1942 tequila in case you have put your chef’s hat on are itching to experiment.